Kelly’s song “Dirty Laundry” made me cry the first time I heard it. All you need to make a great song are 3 chords and the truth. She’s got 4 chords and a ton of truth. Love you Kelly!
Finally back into tumblr…a lot has been happening. I am almost done recording my first album. I have become the music director and co-producer for an upcoming indie movie called “Just Passing Through”, a film that will showcase some of the best talent San Antonio has to offer. I was asked to sing lead in a band as well, but nothing’s really happened with that just yet. Life has been one big surprise after another but I love it. Can’t complain. Happy to be back, what can I say?!
I’m always here if you ever need someone to talk to! Just remember that you are never alone in the world and that there is always someone who is thankful for you being yourself.
Wow…I would. You don’t know me, but I suffer with terrible depression and I feel like ending it myself at times. But I know I can’t…I have too much to do in this life. It’s far too short to waste it on wishing I wasn’t here. But that’s me…I am always here if you need an ear to listen…there are people in the world you don’t even know who truly care!
This week’s top posts:
- You Might Be An Artist If … - “Your art supplies are a higher priority than your groceries”
- Chinese Artist Goes Undercover at Foxconn … to Buy an iPad - How much does an iPad really cost?
- Nick Cave to Fill Grand Central With a Herd of Soundsuit Horses - Creative Time and MTA Arts for Transit team up with artist Nick Cave to heard Grand Central Station visitors.
- Required Reading - This week, 25 alternative art spaces in Los Angeles, Grant Snyder’s “minimalism is simple”, Karen Rosenberg’s review of Nam June Paik, and more.
- We Got Facebook Censored
- Another Royal Portrait That Was the Subject of Controversy Sees the Light of Day
- Enduring Meaning in an Old Medium
- Finding Feminism in World of Warcraft
- Let’s All Argue About Digital Art
oh God, this is me!!! LOL!!!
reminds me of my childhood, riding my bike through the tree lined streets of Queens…
If you think nobody cares, or that nobody loves you, remember that I do.
Don’t ever forget…
Matisyahu’s latest, Spark Seeker was inspired by reinvigoration and reinvention, but he wanted to peel back and expose even deeper, more personal layers of himself, so he decided to explore songs from the album acoustically. “It allows me to express a deep level of intimacy that I feel connects with my fans,” Matisyahu tells us of his new acoustic EP. ” I love playing the songs stripped back … it gives the subtleties of the song and voice the ability to come to light.” Get an exclusive first listen to Matisyahu’s Spark Seeker: Acoustic Sessions ahead of its January 29th release.
I’m a sucker for acoustic music…looking forward to checking this out…